Changing your NetID password
You must change your NetID password once a year. If you know your password (i.e., it's current and active), it's an easy procedure to change it.
If you've forgotten your NetID password, or you accidentally let it expire without changing it, you'll need to reset it. Your easiest option then is for you to self-reset it, provided you have already established answers to security questions.
Lastly, if you can't answer your security questions, or if you haven't set up answers to them, you can choose a method to get an activation code so you can reset your NetID password.
Change your password (Faculty/Staff/Student/Affiliate)
- Visit NUValidate at https://nuvalidate.northwestern.edu
- Enter your NetID and NetID password, then click Login
- Follow the password change prompts and click Change Password
Self-reset your forgotten or expired password
- Visit NUValidate at www.northwestern.edu/login
- Enter your NetID, leave the password blank, and click Forgot Password?
- Answer two of your security questions
- Follow the password change prompts and click Submit
Obtain an activation code...
remotely by verifying your identity via webcam (Faculty/Staff/Student/Affiliate)
by visiting a NetID password reset location (Faculty/Staff/Student/Affiliate)
In Chicago: Bring your Wildcard or other photo identification to the Northwestern IT NetID Support Kiosk located in the University Services Parking/Wildcard Office (Abbott Hall 100). Using the phone located at the kiosk, you can contact Northwestern IT directly to assist with remotely resetting your password.