Fixing when clicking Connect in GlobalProtect VPN for Windows does nothing
Even though GlobalProtect installed successfully on your Windows computer, it may not recognize the portal address. If this happens, when you click Connect, nothing will happen. To fix this issue, you'll need to delete and re-add the portal info.
- From the system tray, click GlobalProtect to open it.
- In the top right, click the icon and select Settings > General.
- Under Portals, click vpn-connect.northwestern.edu to select it, then click Delete.
- In the upper right, click the X to close the window.
- Go back to your system tray and click GlobalProtect to open it.
- When prompted for a portal address, enter vpn-connect.northwestern.edu, then click Connect.
- When prompted with the Online Passport, enter your NetID and NetID password, then confirm your identity with Duo multi-factor authentication. You will then be connected to GlobalProtect.