Downloading recordings from BlueJeans
On August 1, 2020, the BlueJeans conferencing service will be retired and all recordings will be unavailable. If you want to save your BlueJeans recordings, you must take action before August 1, 2020.
You have several options available to you:
- Automatically transfer recordings created between June 15, 2018 and June 15, 2020 to Northwestern IT's Panopto service.
- Manually download recordings created before June 15, 2018 and manually upload them to Northwestern IT's Panopto service.
- Manually download any or all recordings and save them on your computer or upload them to another content management system of your choice.
- Kellogg users, manually download any or all recordings and manually upload them to Kellogg's Panopto service.
- Feinberg users, manually download any or all recordings and manually upload them to Feinberg's Panopto service.
Automatically transfer recordings to Panopto
There are two situations in where automatic transfer isn't available.
- All recordings you have that were made before June 15, 2018 will not be automatically transferred. You will need to download these recordings manually, then upload them to your content management system of choice
Kellogg and Feinberg Users
There is an automatic transfer of BlueJeans recordings if you have a Panopto account, but there are limitations on which BlueJeans recordings can be migrated and where they end up.
BlueJeans supports only one connection to the primary instance of Panopto. Since Kellogg and Feinberg have their own instances of Panopto, the automatic transfer does not work. All recordings should be manually downloaded and then uploaded to Panopto or your content storage service of choice.
If you are in Kellogg or Feinberg AND use the primary instance of Panopto, the automatic transfer will work for recordings made between 6/15/18 and 6/15/20, anything before must be manually moved.
There is no possibility of moving recordings from the primary Panopto to either the Kellogg or Feinberg instances.
Manually download recordings to your computer
- Go to https://northwestern.bluejeans.com and log in with your NetID and NetID password.
- From the top menu, click Recordings.
- Select the name of the recording to download, then click the Download button when it appears.
- Select the download arrow and choose a recording option (Audio, Video & Presentation is recommended)
- Once you click the download arrow, you will be prompted to download the recording. Consider creating a BlueJeans Recordings folder if you are saving many recordings.
- Click Save.