Approval Process for Requisitions
This Training Guide will walk Users who are responsible for approving Requisitions through the Requisition Approval process.
If one line item cannot be approved, the whole transaction must be sent back or placed on hold
If a line is grayed out, it does not need your approval
There are 3 different ways you can access approval pages for a requisition:
- NUFinancials WorkCenter
- Approvals Tiles
- Navigation Bar
Approve Requisition via NUFinancials WorkCenter
Navigation: Log into NUFinancials > Employee Self Service > NUFinancials WorkCenter (tile)
- Click on the NUFinancials WorkCenter tile.
- Click on the Approvals tab.
- Click on Requisitions.
- Under the search criteria, click View Results (this will allow you to see all of the Requisitions that are in a pending approval status available in your approvals list).
- Alternatively, you can search by entering the field information in the search criteria to search for specific transactions.
- Choose the transaction that you want to approve by clicking on the Req ID hyperlink.
- Scroll to the right to see more information about the transaction.
A new window will open with the requisition information. This is the approver’s page to approve, deny, or hold transactions.
Approve, Deny, or Hold Requisition
To approve a requisition,
- Select the line that you want to approve and click on the check box.
- Click Approve.
- An Approve message with the Approver box will appear.
- Enter Approver Comments if needed.
- Click Submit.
Deny/Send Back Requisition
To Deny/Send Back a requisition,
- Select the line that you want to Deny and click on the check box.
- Click Deny.
- A deny message will appear with the Approver Comments text box.
- Enter comments about why the transaction is being denied in the Approver’s Comments box.
- Click Submit.
- The user will receive an email regarding the pushback.
- The user will have to make changes to the Requisition and resubmit it for approval.
Approve Requisition via Approval Tiles
Navigation: Log into NUFinancials > Employee Self Service > Approvals (tile)
- Click on the Requisition tab.
A list of pending requisitions will appear.
- Choose a requisition from the list and click on the Requisition.
- Follow the steps in Approve, Deny, or Hold Requisition section.
Approve Requisition via NavBar
- Click on the NavBar icon.
- Click on the Approvals icon under the NavBar list.
- Upon clicking the Approvals icon, the Approver will be taken to the Pending Approvals page.
- Follow the steps from 1 to 3 in the Approve Requisition via Approval Tiles.