Managing Notifications on Microsoft Teams
In order to collaborate with team members in the MS Teams app, you must first be added to a Team Channel by that channel's administrator. If you received an email indicating "You have been added to a team in Microsoft Teams", then you should use the link in that message to download and install the Teams app on your platform of choice before using the steps below. Notifications for MS Teams are not enabled by default. Use the steps below to follow and receive notifications from channels you belong to.
- From the menu, you can mark a notification as read or unread. You can also follow or unfollow the channel or team where the notification was posted.
- To further customize your notification settings, click your profile picture at the top of the app and then click Settings > Notifications. Here you can fine-tune what notifications you receive and how they appear.
- Tap More Settings > Notifications.
- Tap Open settings to access your iOS settings for Teams.
- Tap Notifications > Allow notifications to determine how you want to view Teams notifications.
- Use the feed options to select team or individual activity.
- To customize your notifications, tap More Settings > Notifications.