Law School - Installing PaperCut MF Secure Printing on your macOS computer
Northwestern Pritzker School of Law Faculty and Staff can add the option to send print jobs to "Main Queue," so you can release them at any Northwestern Pritzker Law Ricoh Copiers.
Install Current Ricoh Copier Drivers:
- When in the Finder, select Go > Connect to Server....
- Enter the server address smb://law-depts.law.northwestern.edu/pubinfo.
- When prompted use your NetID and password to login.
- Once the volume mounts on your computer, open the folder in the path Ricoh New Fleet Drivers > Mac > MP 4055SP.
- Double-click Ricoh_PS_Printers_Vol4_EXP_LIO_Driver.pkg to open it, then click Continue.
- When the Software License Agreement opens, click Continue and Agree.
- Select your computer’s hard drive as the destination, and click Install.
- Enter your Mac login and password (not your NetID and password).
- Once the installation is complete, click Close.
Add the "Main Queue" to your list of available printers:
- Click the Apple menu at the top-left of the finder screen and click “System Preferences.”
- Click “Printers & Scanners."
- Click on the “+” button.
- Click the “Advanced” icon at the top.
- In the “Type” section, select “Windows printer via spools,” then in the URL section, type the following: smb://law-stuprint.law.northwestern.edu/PRT_BW
- Change the “Name” section from “law-stuprint.law.northwestern.edu” to “Main Queue”
- At the bottom in the “Use” drop-down menu, select “Select Software.”
- The “Printer Software” window opens, scroll down to the RICOH copiers section, and select “RICOH MP 4055 PS.”
- Click “OK”, then click “Add.”
- It will then take a few seconds to be added to your computer.
- When you print, you will be asked to authenticate, please provide your netID and password.