Uninstalling Patch KB4018372 for Outlook 2016 for Windows
A recent patch to Outlook 2016 for Windows is causing the Outlook client to crash when you try to open a message that includes an attachment. The offending patch, KB4018372, needs to be removed to restore functionality. In the meantime, you can always access your account via Outlook Web App (OWA) at http://mail.northwestern.edu.
These instructions can walk you through the process of uninstalling the patch. Note that you need administrator access to your computer to remove this patch. If you don't have this access, or you would like assistance with these instructions, contact the Northwestern IT Support Center at 847-491-4357 or email@example.com.
- In your Windows Search Box, enter Windows Update.
- From the results displayed, choose Windows Update Settings.
- Click View Update History.
- Click Uninstall Updates to show the list of recently installed patches and updates.
- In the upper right search box, enter KB4018372.
- Highlight the relevant update and click Uninstall.
- Once the uninstallation process finishes, restart your computer.