Understanding the GL074 Financial Summary Report in Cognos Analytics
Use the GL074 Financial Summary to see chart strings filtered by Management Level, Project Purpose, and/or Manager/Reviewer. This report resembles the GL070, with the addition of management levels and the ability to group summary-level financial data by Management Level. Although this report was designed for administrators at the major unit level, anyone with access to Cognos BI and the appropriate row-level security can run this report. Data will only be returned for chart strings to which you have access.
Although this report was designed for administrators at the major unit level, anyone with access to see budget information in Cognos can run this report. Data will only be returned for chart strings you have access to view.
Anyone with financial access to Cognos BI and row-level security to financial departments or tree nodes can find and run the report.
Step 1 Navigate to the report
Begin by logging into Cognos Analytics.
- Click Team content, from the Navigation Panel.
- Click Finance, Facilities, and Research Administration folder.
- Click School or Central folder.
- Choose and Click any of the following folders. (Note: You may not see all the folders listed as this tied to your security settings)
- Accounting Services
- Sponsored Programs Management
- Supply Chain
- Monthly Financial
- Click the report title to see the prompt page.
Step 2 Respond to prompts and run the report
- Respond to the prompts as needed to filter the report.
- Click Finish. Result: the report appears in HTML or your default format.
The following prompts are available on the report, in addition to standard prompts for period, fiscal year, ChartFields, and project status.
|Sort Order Prompt||
This prompt selects sort order and summary level data. The first two selections offer different primary, secondary and tertiary sort orders. The second two selections offer primary and secondary sort orders at the management level.
This prompt filters results by NetID (yours or others). It is based on the Manager and Reviewers set up in NUFinancials and limited by row level security. For assistance with assigning a Manager and/or Reviewers to chart strings, refer to documentation in the Finance, Facilities, and Research Administration Training Curriculum.
Include additional columns, as desired.
|Optional Summary Rows||
Selected data can be totaled or summed using one or more options. Optional rows are selected by default. De-select the rows you would like to not appear on the report. All rows are visible in the report sample below.
This prompt filters results by Management Level. It is based on the Management Level attribute assigned to the chart string (either DeptID or ProjectID) in NUFinancials. For assistance with assigning a Management Level to a chart string, refer to documentation in the Finance, Facilities, and Research Administration Training Curriculum.
Select one or more purposes as a filter. Project Purposes are normally assigned via the ChartField Request Form when the Project ID is established, but not all projects are assigned a purpose. To assign a purpose to an existing chart string, or to change the purpose, contact the ChartField Maintenance group in Financial Operations.
The report displays all chart strings that match your criteria and to which you have access (row-level security). There is one row per chart string, with grouping applied by fund and department. Separate rows within the report display subtotals per fund and department, and a row at the bottom of the report displays a grand total.
- Understanding the GL005 Summary Budget Status Report in Cognos Analytics
- Understanding the GL008 Revenue and Expense Activity Report in Cognos Analytics
- Understanding the GL068 Financial Summary Report in Cognos Analytics
- Understanding the GL069 Financial Summary Report in Cognos Analytics
- Understanding the GL070 Financial Summary Report in Cognos Analytics
- Understanding the GL071 Financial Summary Historical Comparison Report in Cognos Analytics