Employee Expense Report Checklist
To ensure that your Expense Report is approved and paid, follow this checklist.
- Consult with your school or department for document retention guidelines.
- Ensure that expenses are within Travel and Entertainment Policy Guidelines.
- Confirm that Illinois sales tax is excluded from applicable reimbursements.
- Expense Report is entered, Saved, Budget Checked, and Submitted in NUFinancials.
The following Documents are scanned and attached (where applicable)
- Expense Policy Exception Form.
- 90 Day Justification Form.
- Policy Exception Request.
- Per Diem Documentation.
- Foreign Currency Documentation.
- Mileage documentation: MapQuest, Google Maps, Yahoo Maps.
- Proof of payment/receipt for online purchases.
Foreign Travel Dates
- Before starting an expense report with foreign expense types, be prepared with the total USD amount of “foreign” type expenses per each foreign city.
- Enter travel dates (consecutive) for each foreign city where an expense was incurred. The travel dates should include the full length of stay in the city, not just the dates when you incurred an expense.