Creating Report Schedules in Cognos Analytics
This job aid walk you through on how to setup schedules in Cognos Analytics. Schedules can be setup to send reports as email attachments, links by one or more formats to one or more person.
Begin by logging into Cognos Analytics.
In Cognos Analytics, it’s recommended to create schedules on a Report View. This ensures that any updates Reports Authors makes will automatically get reflected on the report you are setting schedules for. Some of the Reports are already Report Views.
Before setting up a schedule you will need to check if the report is a Report or Report View.
- If it's a Report, see section below Create Report Views to My Content below.
- If it's a Report View, skip to section called Copy Report View to My Content below.
Create Report Views to My Content
- From the left side navigation bar, single click a report folder and then sub folder containing the desired report
- To the right of the report name, Click on the ellipse icon to bring up the More menu.
- Click on Create report view.
- Save the report in your My Content. Optionally, if you want to rename the report, you can do so as part of this step.
Move on to Setup schedules
Copy Report View to My Content
- To the right of the report view name, Click on the ellipse icon to bring up the More menu.
- Choose Copy or move menu.
- Choose the My Content.
- Click on the Copy to button. Optional Step: If you need to organizes your Report Views by Folders, click on the + icon on top right of the pop-up menu
Move on to Setup schedules
Follow the steps below.
Step 1: Getting to Schedule menu
- To the right of the report view name, click on the ellipse icon to bring up the More menu.
- Choose Properties menu.
- Select Schedules tab.
- Click on (+) New icon.
Step 2: Choosing Frequency and output Formats
- Choose frequency from the drop down menu.
- Choose output Format by clicking on the Default icon.
- Choose one or more formats you wish to get as part of your schedule.
- Click on the Done button to close this fly-out menu.
Step 3: Choosing Delivery Options
- Choose Delivery by clicking on the > Link to get Fly out Menu.
- Choose Send report by email.
- Type in one or more email address.
- Scroll down and un-check Include a link to the report.
- Click on the Done button to close out the fly-out menu pane.
Step 4: Setup Prompt Values
- Set Prompt values by clicking on the > Link to get Fly out Menu.
- Choose Set.
- Fill in the desired Prompts Values, scroll down and click
- Click on the Create button to create the schedule.
If you need to edit or monitor you schedules, follow the steps below.
- Choose Person Icon on the Top right corner.
- Choose My Schedules and subscriptions Menu.
- To the right of the schedule, Click on the ellipse icon to bring up the More menu.
- Choose the desired menu.
Tip: There are more option to see history and schedule activities from the Schedule drop down menu on the top left.