Entering Per Diem on an NUFinancials Expense Report
This job aid contains instructions for using per diems on expense reports.
- Per diems are permissible for meals and incidental expenses (M&IE) for authorized business travel. For M&IE, the reimbursement method selected must be used for the entire trip and should be established ahead of the trip.
- The employee’s travel location determines the maximum per diem reimbursement rate.
- Incidentals are small items like a snack, bottled water, pen and notebook.
- Ask your department if they allow Per Diem.
- Per Diem Reimbursement Methods:
**Receipts must be submitted for reimbursement. Meals must comply with policy limits.
- For more information regarding Policy, please view the Travel Policies & Procedures document on the NUPortal.
Per Diem Expense Entry:
Navigate to gsa.gov > Travel > Per Diem
- Enter State and City. Click Next.
- Click Calculate Per Diem Allowances for a Trip.
- Enter Travel Dates and click Next.
- Choose STANDARD RATE including Standard Rate. Click Next.
- Print Results.
Entering Amount in Expense Report
Entering an Expense Report Training Guide in myHR Learn will provide you the steps on how to complete an expense report. When you are prompted to enter the Amount field, see this example for how to calculate Per Diem, First and Last day, Amount:
First Day: $38.25 +
Second Day: $51.00 +
Last Day: $38.25 = $127.50
Note: Lodging is separate from per diem rate.