Using speed dial numbers on your Cisco office phone
Speed-dialing is a two step process. First you need to set up speed dial numbers using the Cisco Self Care Portal. Once you've established your speed dial favorites, you can call them from the following Cisco phone models: 7841, 7861, 8821, 8831, 8832, and 8851. Speed dialing is not available on the Cisco 3905 wall phone.
Set Up a Speed Dial Number
- Go to the Self Care Portal at https://myphone.northwestern.edu.
- As the username and password, enter your NetID and NetID password, then click Sign In.
- Navigate to Phone Settings.
- Select Add New Speed Dial.
- Enter the phone number as you would dial it from your phone. E.g., 1-4357 for a campus extension, or 9-1-847-555-1212 for an off-campus phone number.
- Enter a Label (i.e., name) for your speed dial.
- In the Speed Dial field enter the number you want to use for this speed dial (1-199).
- Click Save.
Dial a Speed Dial Number
- While your Cisco phone handset is still in its cradle, press the speed dial number you want to call (1-199).
- You'll notice that the third soft key becomes your Speed Dial key; press it.
- Pick up your handset.