Reducing the size of a PDF in Adobe Acrobat
Some systems have a maximum file upload limit, which can be challenging when attaching large PDFs. Use these instructions to reduce the total size of the PDF and avoid issues with file sizes. Please note that this may affect the visual quality of the PDF.
- Open the PDF in Adobe Acrobat.
- At the top menu, choose File, then Save As.
- Change the Save as type dropdown menu to Adobe PDF Files, Optimized.
- Under the dropdown menu, choose Settings.
- Select Images on the left. In the main page, you should see three sections: Color Images, Grayscale Images, and Monochrome Images.
- For all three of these options, change the Quality dropdown menu from Medium to Low.
- At the bottom of the window, uncheck the Optimize images only if there is a reduction in size box.
- Click OK.