Managing Categories and Tags for NUsites posts
Categories and tags are tools that can be used for organizing posts based on topic. Each category or tag created automatically generates a custom blogroll archive page for itself, on which all posts that contain that category or tag will be displayed. These can be a good way of organizing different types of articles on your site.
- Categories are used to group posts by topic.
- Categories should be self-explanatory and easy to understand.
- Categories are hierarchical, meaning that categories can have sub-categories.
- All posts should be categorized for optimal site organization and search engine optimization (SEO).
- Tags are a way of identifying topics of a post in a more specific way than categories.
- Posts can contain as many tags as you’d like.
Managing Categories & Tags
- Access your site's Dashboard.
- In the left menu, click on Posts, then click Tags or Categories, depending on which you'd like to manage.
- Add a Category or Tag:
- On the left side of the page, complete the form to add a new Category or Tag, and click the blue button beneath the form to save it.
- On the right side of the page, there is a table listing all Categories or Tags for the site.
- Hover over the one you wish to edit, and action links will appear beneath the Category or Tag name.
- To delete a Category or Tag, click the Delete action link.
- To edit a Category or Tag, click the Edit action link to be taken to the edit form.