Configuring a listserv so that messages have to be approved
You can change a listserv's settings such that messages sent to the listserv must be approved by a moderator, called an Editor, before being distributed to the listserv subscribers. In order to do this, you will need to change the Send permissions and then define an Editor (and optionally, Moderators) in the listserv configuration settings. Note that Editors' messages bypass moderation entirely.
- Log in to the Northwestern Listserv Web Interface at https://listserv.it.northwestern.edu .
- On the top menu bar, click List Management.
- From the dropdown menu, hover over List Configuration and click List Configuration Tasks.
- Under Select List, choose the list you want to manage.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Scroll down to the Send= dropdown box and change it to Editor.
- Underneath the Send= box, check the Hold box.
- Once you've set the desired send level, scroll to the bottom and click Save.
- On the top bar, select the Administrators tab.
- Enter email addresses in the Editor= field. Note that these Editors can be, but do not need to be, listserv owners.
- Click Save when all desired Editors have been added.