Cannot launch web-based class in myHR Learn
If you receive an Everfi login message when trying to accessing courses such as Preventing Harassment and Discrimination or Protecting Children, you will need to enable cookies.
There are several courses in myHR Learn that are web-based and can be completed without an instructor, such as FERPA, Preventing Harassment and Discrimination, and HIPAA Basics (for General Audiences). Here are some tips you can try to launch the training.
Return to the course in myHR Learn and follow these steps
- Use Chrome or Firefox browser
- Clear cookies and browser cache
- Enable all cookies (including third-party cookies), instructions can be found at this link: https://www.northwestern.edu/hr/documents/learning-performance/howtomanagecookies.pdf
- Launch course from the original link in myHR Learn
- Make sure that you expand/maximize the course pop-up window so that you can access all navigation buttons.
- You may leave and return to the training at any point, the course will restart at the point you left off.
- When you've come to the end of the training, please wait until you see the arrow pointing to an exit button. Only use that exit button to exit the training.
- Screenshot any issues
- Save any completion certificates
Everfi is the third-party vendor providing access through the myHR
Learn portal to courses such as Preventing Harassment and Discrimination
or Protecting Children. If you see an Everfi login page, you may
disregard it. This is an error as you will not be able to login via this screen. Please use the steps above to avoid this screen.