Uninstalling GlobalProtect for MacOS
If you have left the University and want to uninstall your GlobalProtect VPN on a Mac, or if you are having connectivity issues and you have tried all the troubleshooting tips in our Knowledge Base articles, please follow the steps below:
- Go to macOS finder and search for "terminal"
- In the terminal window, copy and paste the below command:
- You should then be prompted to enter the admin password of your Mac
Once this has been completed, the GlobalProtect application should be removed from the computer.
If there is an error where it states that the application cannot be found, but it is clearly still running on the computer, then you must uninstall via the package found on https://vpn-connect.northwestern.edu using the steps below:
- Visit https://vpn-connect.northwestern.edu
- In grey area at the top, select GlobalProtect Agent
- Select Mac 32/64 agent
- Run that agent and follow instructions to delete your currently installed agent
If you have uninstalled the client successfully, but you need to reinstall it, please follow the steps on Setting up and using GlobalProtect VPN and download the file.