Managing calls and settings using Cisco Jabber for Windows
Jabber simplifies communication and enhances productivity by unifying presence, instant messaging, video, voice messaging, desktop sharing, and conferencing capabilities into a secure easy-to-use app.
Customize your Jabber settings
- In the upper right corner of the Jabber Hub Window click Menu.
- Click Options > General to set Jabber to Start When Computer Starts.
- Click Options > Calls to change the window behavior to Always on Top or Never.
- Click Options > Audio to change your Ringtones.
- Select File > View to change your dock settings:
- Enable/Disable Show Dock Window.
- Select Position Dock Window and choose your preferred dock location.
Set your presence
- In the upper left corner of the Jabber hub window click the Presence drop-down menu.
- Choose your status:
- Do Not Disturb
- Or set a custom message by selecting the Custom Message option and entering your status message
Create a conference call
To conference someone in to an existing phone call:
- During a connected call, click the More Call Handling icon.
- Click the Conference option.
- Enter the new number or name in the search field.
- Click the green Phone icon.
- When the second dial party answers, the green Join Conference option will appear. Choose the green Join icon to connect the callers.
- To add additional parties, repeat steps 3 through 5.
- While connected to one caller and the other caller is on hold, click the More Call Handling icon.
- Click the Merge icon.
- Select the Held Call from the available call list.
Transfer a call
- During an active call, click the More (...) icon.
- Click Transfer.
- Enter the number or use the predictive search option to dial by name.
- Announce the call (optional).
- Click the green Transfer icon to complete.
Manage call forwarding
Use the Call Control dropdown menu located in the lower left corner of the main Jabber window. Click this menu to bring up its options.
Turn call forwarding on
- Select Forward Calls to.
- Choose where to forward incoming calls:
- Select Voicemail to send calls directly to your voicemail
- Select another phone number in your list that you've already defined
- Select New Number... and in the text box, enter the phone number you want to forward calls to. You can enter a 5-digit Northwestern extension, or a 10-digit off-campus number. Don't include the 9-1, and leave out the dashes. Click Forward when you're done.
- A small banner will be displayed next to the Call Control dropdown menu as long as your phone is forwarded.
Turn call forwarding off
- Select Do Not Forward Calls.