Approval Process: PO Change Orders in NUFinancials
This Training Guide will walk through the process of approving a PO Change Order for Users with the PO Approver Role.
Approval Process of a PO Change Order
- If one line item cannot be approved, the whole transaction must be sent back or placed on hold
- If a line is grayed out it does not need your approval
There are 3 different ways that you can access approval pages for a PO Change Order:
- NUFinancials WorkCenter
- Approvals Tiles
- Navigation Bar.
Approve PO Change Order via NUFinancials WorkCenter
Navigation: Log into NUFinancials > Employee Self Service > NUFinancials WorkCenter (tile)
- Click on the NUFinancials WorkCenter tile.The NUFinancials Workcenter page appears
- Click on the Approvals tab.
- Click on Purchase Order.
- Under the search criteria, click View Results (this will allow you to see all of the Purchase Orders that are in a pending approval status available in your approvals list).
- Alternatively, you can search by entering the field information in the search criteria to search for specific transactions.
- Choose the transaction that you want to approve by clicking on the PO No. hyperlink.
- Scroll to the right to see more information about the transaction.A new window will open with the PO Change Order information. This is the approver’s page to approve, deny, or hold transactions.Note: Approvers can view extended information on the report by clicking the “Additional Information” link.
Approve, Deny, or Hold PO Change Order
Approve PO Change Order
To approve a PO Change Order,
- Select the line that you want to approve and click on the check box.
- To select all the lines, click on the check box at the topYou can also see the line details by clicking the arrow, located on the right hand side at the end of the line.Note: If you try to approve, deny, or hold a PO Change Order with selecting any line, you will get the following message,After receiving this message, click OK and select the line(s) you want to Approve, Deny, or Hold.
- Click Approve.
- An Approve message with the Approver Comments box will appear.
- Enter Approver Comments if needed.
- Click Submit.Note: To View Comments and Attachments of the PO Change Order, click View Comments and Attachments in the More Information section. To view a printable version of the PO Change order, click View Printable Version.
Deny/Send Back PO Change Order
To Deny/Send Back a PO Change Order,
- Select the line that you want to Deny and click on the check box.
- Alternatively, click on the check box at the top to select all the lines.
- Click Deny.
- A deny message will appear with the Approver Comments text box.
- Enter comments about why the PO Change Order is being denied in the Approver Comments box.
- Click Submit.Note: If an Approver chooses to deny a transaction, comments are REQUIRED. If an approver does not enter any comments, they will receive the following error message and will not be able to submit the denial of the transaction.
Hold RequisitionWarning: It is recommended that you do not use the Hold function. If an approver holds a transaction, that transaction remains at the same approval level without moving forward until the person who put a hold on the transaction applies their approval or denies it.
Approve PO Change Order via Approval Tiles
Navigation: Log into NUFinancials > Employee Self Service > Approvals (tile)
- Click on the Purchase Order tab.A list of pending Purchase Orders will appear.
- Select the PO Change Order from the list and click on the line.
- Follow the steps in Approve, Deny, or Hold PO Change Order section.
Approve PO Change Order via NavBar
- Click on the NavBar icon.
- Click on the Approvals icon under the NavBar list.
- Upon clicking the Approvals icon, the approver will be taken to the Pending Approvals page.
- Follow the steps from 1 to 3 in the Approve PO Change Order via Approval Tiles.