Delegating your @northwestern.edu (Exchange) account to someone else using Outlook 2016/2013 for Windows
Delegating your account to another individual allows that person to read, send, or delete messages on your behalf, depending on permissions you set.
- Click the File Tab to open the Account Settings window.
- Click Account Settings.
- From the drop-down menu select Delegate Access to open a new window.
- Click Add to open the Delegates window.
- Search by full name for the delegate you wish to add. Once you find them, double-click their name to add them to the Add field.
- Click OK and a new window will appear.
- Set the desired permission level for each sub-function (calendar, tasks, inbox, contacts, notes, journal) in Outlook. You can give a delegate access to as many or as few functions as you desire.
- Click OK. Your delegate access to the chosen individual(s) has been set.