Installing WebEx Productivity Tools on Windows
WebEx Productivity Tools allow you to schedule, start, and join meetings quickly without going to the Northwestern WebEx site. Once you've installed the WebEx Productivity Tools, just select the WebEx ball in Outlook to add a WebEx meeting to your calendar invitation.
- Log in to WebEx at https://northwestern.webex.com. If this is first time you're logging in, you will be prompted to download and install WebEx Productivity Tools. If you aren't prompted, select the Meeting Center tab and go to Support > Downloads.
- Once the ptools.msi has completed downloading, the installation wizard will automatically open. Install the software as you would any other software application. If you need assistance or admin access to install software, contact your local tech support personnel.
- Once the software has been installed, configure it with the following information and click Login when you're done:
- Site URL: northwestern.webex.com
- User Name: your NetID
- Password: your NetID password
- In the Online Passport, enter your NetID and NetID password and press Log In.
- Click OK to complete the installation. At the bottom of your screen a pop-up window will display introducing you to the WebEx Productivity Tools. Close this window.
- A WebEx icon is now available in your system tray.
- Open Outlook. In the Home tab, the WebEx ball shows the Productivity Tools available to you.