Delegating your @northwestern.edu (Office 365) account to someone else using Outlook Web App (OWA)
Delegating your account to another individual allows that person to read, send, or delete messages on your behalf, depending on permissions you set. In the Outlook Web App, you need to set access permissions separately for your mailbox and calendar.
- In the Mail screen, right-click your name in the left-hand bar where your email folders are listed, then click Permissions....
- In the box that appears, click on the plus (+) button. Enter the email address of the person you want to give permissions to your mailbox.
- Make sure the person you added is highlighted in the Name box. If not, click on their name.
- In the Permission level drop-down box, select Editor.
- Click OK at the bottom of the window.
The user you gave mailbox permissions will need to add your mailbox to their account using these instructions.
- In the Calendar screen, in the top-right corner next to Print, click Share.
- In the Share with: field, enter the email address of the person you want to delegate your calendar to, then click the button Use this address. You can add more than one person by repeating this step.
- In the drop-down field next to the name of the person added, select Delegate.
- In the Calendar drop-down field, select the calendar you want to delegate. By default, your calendar will be listed as Calendar.
- Click Send at the top of the Calendar sharing pop-out. This will send an email message with a link to add the calendar to the delegate's account.