Scheduling a meeting on your @northwestern.edu (Microsoft 365) calendar using Outlook Web App (OWA)
Every @northwestern.edu account has an email inbox as well as a calendar. You can add events, either just for yourself or with other attendees, via the Calendar tab in Outlook Web App.
- In the top right, select the Calendar tab.
- In the top left corner, click New Event.
- In the popup window:
- Enter the name of event in Event.
- Click Scheduling Assistant.
- To reserve a room for the meeting, click Add Room and then choose the appropriate room list from the drop-down menu.
- The menu changes to show all rooms in the list you selected. Select the room resource you want to schedule.
- The room appears in the scheduling assistant, along with its availability. Choose a time and duration for your meeting and then click OK.
- Add any other people who will attend by entering their names or email addresses into the Attendees field and press Enter.
- Select a start and end time/date. Use the Scheduling Assistant's calendar to find a time where all attendees and room(s) are free. Click OK to close the Scheduling Assistant.
- If you did not select a room in the Scheduling Assistant, type in the name of the meeting's Location.
- Select how often the meeting should Repeat.
- Add more details to the body of the appointment.
- Click Save.
Note: You will receive confirmation or denial for each room or resource you include in a meeting request. Some resources have restricted access, and you will be denied if you do not have proper permissions.