Creating Guest NetIDs as a NetID administrator in NUValidate
Most visitors to Northwestern just need access to the Internet via wifi, and can do so via eduroam or the Guest-Northwestern wireless network. Guest NetIDs should only be issued to those who don't have eduroam access through their home institution, or to people for whom the Guest-Northwestern connection doesn't provide the bandwidth required for the work they need to do. Guest NetIDs also provide limited access to library resources.
Also note that:
- Guest NetIDs are active for up to 30 days. If a visitor requires access for more than 30 days, issue them an Affiliate NetID.
- Passwords for Guest NetIDs cannot be changed. If the holder of a Guest NetID loses or forgets the password, issue them a new Guest NetID.
- It is the responsibility of the person requesting the Guest NetIDs to maintain a contact list of those to whom they issued the NetIDs for 90 days after the NetIDs expire.
- Log in to NUValidate at http://northwestern.edu/login.
- In the upper left corner of the page, click the Menu icon > Manage Identity > Create Guest NetIDs.
- From the drop-down menu select the NetID Types and click Continue.
- Set the Number of NetIDs to be created and the desired Expiration date, then click Create NetIDs. You are returned to your NUValidate homepage, and the list of Guest NetIDs with their associated passwords will be sent to you via email.