Managing access to a former employee's data
Northwestern IT can grant access to a voice mailbox, email mailbox, Northwestern Box folders, or set up an auto-reply message on a departed employee's email account. However, we require email authorization from Human Resources before we can grant this access.
If the person still has access to Box
- Log in to Box at http://box.northwestern.edu.
- Go to the folder(s) you’d like to transfer ownership of.
- If it’s a lot of content, you can create a new folder and drag-and-drop all of your folders inside it before proceeding.
- Click Share this Folder
- Enter the person’s name or email address and click on them in the search results
- Click Send
- If Owner is not available, you may not be the owner of the folder you are trying to share.
If the person no longer has access to BoxHuman Resources requires that all requests to change ownership of or modify Box content owned by an employee be reviewed and approved by their department. Please contact your department’s HR representative and provide the following information:
- Name and email address of the departed employee
- Business justification for access to the email, voicemail or Box account
- Name and email address of the individual that will need access to the account
- Verbiage for the auto-reply message, if applicable
- Stephanie Griffin
- Tracy Gioia-Walker
- Ericka Wrencher
- Daina Fernandez
- Kimberly Higgins
- Karin Schmidt
- Julia Kyle