Using WebEx to hold virtual office hours
Each WebEx host account comes with a personal meeting room that can be used for online office hours, instant meetings and private meetings.
The web address for your personal meeting room never changes, and is unique to you: http://northwestern.edu.webex.com/meet/xxx, where xxx is your @northwestern.edu alias. E.g., if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your personal meeting room would be http://northwestern.webex.com/meet/willie.wildcat. This is the web address that you will give to others so they can meet you in your personal meeting room.
- Log in to the WebEx Meeting Center at https://northwestern.webex.com with your NetID and NetID password.
- In the My Personal Room tile, click Start Meeting.
- In the upper left, click the Key button to lock your room. Anyone who visits your room while it is locked will wait in your virtual lobby until you let them in.
- When someone enters your virtual lobby, you will be notified of the waiting visitor. Click the notification to open it.
- Check the checkbox next to their name to select them, then click the Admit button to add them to your the meeting.
- Once all your participants are in your meeting room, click the Key button again to lock the room. This will prevent others from freely joining your meeting.
- When you are done with your online office hours session, click the red X button at the bottom of the screen, then select End Meeting.