Using WebEx to hold virtual office hours
Each WebEx host account comes with a personal meeting room that can be used for online office hours, instant meetings and private meetings. The web address for this room never changes, and is unique for each host: http://northwestern.edu.webex.com/meet/xxx, where xxx is your @northwestern.edu alias. E.g., if your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your personal meeting room would be http://northwestern.webex.com/meet/willie.wildcat.
- Log in to the WebEx Meeting Center at https://northwestern.webex.com with your NetID and NetID password.
- Select the My WebEx tab.
- Click the Enter Room button.
- Click the Lock Room button. Anyone who visits your room while it is locked will wait in your virtual lobby until you let them in.
- Once someone enters your virtual lobby, you will be notified of the waiting visitor.
- Click the Admit button to begin the meeting.
- Once your visitor leaves the room, you can keep the room locked to allow others to visit.
- Click the Leave Room button to end your online office hours session.