Changing whether a listserv is confidential or public
A listserv can be marked as public or confidential. Public listservs can be seen in the listserv catalog on the front page of the Listserv Web Interface, and their message archives can be read by anyone. If a listserv is marked as confidential, it will be unlisted, meaning people will need to search it in order to find it. You can change whether a listserv is public or confidential using the Listserv Web Interface.
- Log in to the Northwestern Listserv Web Interface at https://listserv.it.northwestern.edu .
- On the top menu bar, click List Management.
- From the dropdown menu, hover over List Configuration and click List Configuration Tasks.
- Under Select List, choose the list you want to manage.
- Click on the Security tab.
- Scroll down until you find the Confidential= drop-down menu.
At the very top or very bottom right corner, click Save.
- If you would like the listserv to be published in the listserv catalog, change the dropdown menu to No.
- If you would like the listserv to be hidden from the listserv catalog, change the dropdown menu to Yes.
Please note that even if a listserv is marked as Confidential, people can search it by name in the Listserv Catalog. However, Confidential lists will require a subscriber to login in order to see the listserv archive; only the listserv name and description will be available to a non-member.