Changing the display name on your (Exchange) account

By default, Exchange uses your legal name as it appears in the online directory. If you want to use a different display name, you need to create a professional name in myHR.

  1. Log in to myHR at
  2. Select Personal Details > Online Directory
  3. Click Names (Legal, Professional/Published/Spouse)
  4. Enter or edit your Professional/Published Name
  5. Check the Professional Name Indicator checkbox and click Save
Please note that this change does not occur immediately. The change will take place overnight and be reflected in Exchange the next day.

For additional assistance please contact the IT Support Center at 847-491-4357 (1-HELP), via chat at or via email at

Keywords:outlook   Doc ID:71902
Owner:TSS Tier 2 .Group:Northwestern
Created:2017-03-20 22:43 CDTUpdated:2019-02-04 11:57 CDT
Feedback:  0   0