Requesting creation of a committee in CATracks
A committee is a group of alumni, faculty, staff or other individuals who share a common purpose or objective through volunteering time and/or services to benefit NU directly, or participation in Northwestern University clubs. Examples include
- trustee committee
- reunion committee
- alumni board
- staff managed student group or advisory board
If you're not sure whether your group is a committee, please talk with your SSR before proceeding.
- Access the Committee Request form at the ARD Knowledge Share site: https://share.northwestern.edu/dept/ARD-KS/Documents/Business%20Forms/Committee_Request_Form
- Save the request form to your computer with a new name, such as Willie Wildcat’s Homecoming Committee Request form
- Complete the Requester Information section (required)
- Parent committee (not required): If your committee is a sub-committee of another, write that name here.
- Committee purpose: State the reason for creating the new committee
- Committee type: From the drop-down list, select one of the available types
- Selection type: From the drop-down list, indicate how committee members are selected
- Committee group: Indicate which team owns, or will manage the committee
- Committee start date (required) and stop date (if applicable): Indicate dates in this format dd/mm/yyyy
- Additional comments: Share anything further about the committee purpose here.
For more info on committees, see the ARD Affinity Tracking Policy at https://share.northwestern.edu/dept/ARD-KS/Documents/Policies/ARD_Affinity_Tracking_Policy.pdf p.15