Adding contacts from the Global Address List (GAL) in Outlook Web App (OWA)
You have two main ways of getting access to and storing contacts. You have access to a Global Address List (GAL) that contains everyone who has a Northwestern email address, and a Personal Address Book for contacts inside or outside of the University. You can add contacts from the GAL to your Personal Address Book using the instructions below.
- Log in to the Outlook Web App at http://mail.northwestern.edu
- On the right side of the purple bar at the top, click People.
- In the left menu pane, click Directory.
- At the top, in the Search People bar, type in the name of the person you would like to add, then click the magnifying glass to the right of the bar.
- Click the desired contact from the search results. A pane will open to the right with their contact information.
- In the grey box under the person's name and title, click Add to Contacts, then click Add to Contacts again.
- Modify the information as necessary, then at the top click Save.