Transferring Northwestern Box content to a personal Box account
Any files you wish to transfer must first be inside a folder. Move any files that are not in a folder into any other folder first to make sure they are transferred correctly.
You can transfer the contents of your Northwestern Box account to another Box account, including accounts not from Northwestern. If you are leaving the University, you can send your Box files to a personal account to ensure you do not lose any data.
- Log in to Northwestern Box at https://northwestern.box.com/.
- Single left-click the file or folder you wish to share, then click on the Share button.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click Invite Collaborators.
- Set the Invitee Permissions drop-down menu to Co-owner.
- Enter your personal Box account's email address in the Email Address field, then click Send Invites.
- In the Sharing section, you should now see your personal Box account listed. To the right of the name, click the three dots icon (...) to change the permission level to Owner.
- Click Okay to grant Owner permissions to your personal Box account and remove them from your Northwestern Box account. Your personal account should now be the owner of the document.
- Repeat the above steps for any other folders you wish to transfer.