Saving a Cognos report containing data
A Cognos report cannot be saved from a report you've run from the Public Folders. You can only save it when the report has been run from your "My Folders" in Cognos. It will preserve the data results run for the criteria used for that date in time and save it in My Folders.
- First, you will need to copy the desired report (e.g., GM045) to "My Folders". Locate the GM045 in the Public Sponsored Projects Management folder; select the checkbox to the left of the desired report ID. In the upper right corner of the window, click the copy icon (2 overlapping pieces of paper). Click the "My Folders" tab at the top of the page and click the paste icon (clipboard).
- While in My Folders, click the "Run with Options" triangle as you normally do to email the report to yourself.
- Select the desired output format.
- Select the save option for the delivery method.
- Click "OK" to set the report criteria.
- Set your report criteria and click "Run".
- Click "OK" on the resulting page.
- When the report is ready, you will see a new icon in the row for the report in My Folders. The icon is a stack of papers and will appear between the "Set Properties" icon (hand-holding piece of paper) and the "Run with Options" icon (right-pointing arrowhead).
- Click the new icon.
- On the resulting page, click on the report to open it. Once the report is open, you can save a local copy if you ran it in any format except HTML.