Setting an auto-reply message for a departmental @northwestern.edu (Exchange) account using Outlook Web App (OWA)
As long as you have Full Access permission to a departmental Exchange account, you can set up auto-reply messages for it.
- Log in to Outlook Web App (OWA) at mail.northwestern.edu as yourself, using your NetID and NetID password.
- In the upper right, click your name, then select Open another mailbox.
- Search for your organizational/departmental mailbox using the display name or alias (ORG-value). After you select it and click Open you will be accessing that mailbox.
- In the upper right next to your name, click the gear icon, then select options.
- From the left hand navigation pane select organize email, then from the top menu select automatic replies.
- Configure your auto reply messages for internal recipients only, or internal and external recipients. When you're done click save.