Creating an email signature for your @northwestern.edu (Microsoft 365) account using Outlook for Windows
Email signatures are appended to email messages and generally include the sender's professional contact information. You can have multiple signatures and use them for different purposes.
- From the Home tab, click New Email > Message > Signature > Signatures...
- Under Select signature to edit, click New and type a name for the signature and click OK.
- In the Edit signature box directly below, enter your signature and click OK.
To choose your default signature:
- On the Message tab, click Signature > Signatures...
- Under Choose default signature, in the Email account drop-down menu, select the email account for which you want to add a signature.
- In the New messages drop-down menu, select the signature you want to default for new messages.
- In the Replies/forwards drop-down menu, select the signature you want to default for replies and forwards.