Looking up supplier/vendor information in NUFinancials or Cognos
Method 1 (using NUFinancials):
There are different methods to look up supplier (previously called vendor) information to see if they are active.
- Navigate to NavBar> Navigator> Suppliers > Supplier Information> Add/Update > Review Suppliers.
- Using the dropdown menu in Supplier Status, select Approved
- Enter search criteria in Name field (see search tips below)
- Use “contains” in field drop down menu Name field.
- Use capital letters.
- Use most unique search keyword.
- Use partial criteria.
- Try different fields instead of Name (i.e. city or address).
Method 2 (Using Cognos SC025-- Note: security authorization required for School > Supply Chain folder):
Begin by logging into Cognos Analytics.
- Navigate to Team Content > Finance Facilities and Research Administration > School > Supply Chain or click on this link and skip to step 3 below.
- Click on the SC025 Vendor Info Query link.
- Under Vendor Name, type your desired supplier name (or the most unique part of the name) in the Keywords box, click the Options link below the box, and set the search criteria to “Contains any of these keywords.”
- After you click Search, select the supplier name and click Insert then click Finish.
If data appears below the header on the report, the supplier is active.