Connecting to eduroam on Android
You should be able to connect automatically to the eduroam Wireless Network with YourNetID@northwestern.edu (i.e., if your NetID is abc123, then you would enter firstname.lastname@example.org) as the username and your NetID password as the password through your Network Preferences. If you were not prompted to connect, you can manually configure your connection.
- From your home screen, drag the top of the screen down and select the Settings gear icon.
- From the Wireless and Networks subsection select Wi-Fi or Wireless Networks. Select eduroam from the list of wireless networks.
- You may be prompted for a credential storage password. This is not your NetID password, but your Android password. If you haven't set it up already, you may be prompted to do so at this point.
- Make the following selections:
- EAP type: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPv2
- CA Certificate and Client Certificate: Do Not Validate
- Identity/Username: YourNetID@northwestern.edu (i.e., if your NetID is abc123, then you would enter email@example.com)
- Anonymous Identity: leave blank
- Wireless Password: NetID password