Getting Canvas support
Northwestern has contracted with the Canvas vendor, Instructure, to provide 24/7 support for general questions relating to getting started, how to use Canvas features, and basic troubleshooting assistance.
For Northwestern NetID-related issues, contact the Northwestern IT Support Center at 847-491-4357 (1-HELP) or email@example.com.
For all other Canvas issues, contact Canvas Support by Instructure (available 24/7/365) via phone, live chat, or email:
- For Students: 855-680-0126
- For Instructors: 833-879-0860
- For Administrators: 833-879-0860
- For Students, Instructors, and Administrators: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other resources for learning and using Canvas are also available from Instructure and Northwestern:
- The Canvas Guides can be searched for answers to general questions about how Canvas operates.
- The Canvas Learning Center for instructors includes tutorials and other helpful information to get started building a course.
- The Canvas Resource Hub provides information for instructors about learning apps that can be added to a Canvas course.
- The Canvas Student Center is an efficient place for students to start learning about Canvas.
- Canvas workshops are available for instructors to attend to learn basic and more advanced Canvas skills.
Signing up for the Canvas Minute, an email newsletter that comes out once or twice a month from Teaching & Learning Technologies, also keeps you current on Canvas news.
If you use Twitter, search for the hashtag #nucanvastips for helpful tips and reminders about Canvas at Northwestern.