Problems sending images or attachments to a listserv in Outlook
In order for embedded images or PDFs to appear in a listserv message, the message must be sent in HTML format. If you have previously sent a message to a listserv in plaintext format, Outlook will send all future messages in plaintext, removing your PDFs and images. To resolve this issue, you can force Outlook to send messages in HTML format:
- Create a new message as if you're going to send an email.
- In the To: box, begin typing the listserv's email address
- Wait for the auto-complete to come down, and click the black X to the right of the email address.
- Ensure the message is formatted in HTML by clicking the Format Text tab at the top of the window, then choosing HTML in the Format box.
- Finally, type the listserv's email address again (this time without autocomplete), write your message, and send it.
The message should come through formatted correctly, and all further messages should follow HTML format.