Updating Wireless, VPN and Outlook 2016 on macOS after changing a NetID password
After you change your NetID password, some of your Northwestern services may become unavailable, depending on whether you set them up to save your password. Below are instructions to resolve issues relating to your wireless, VPN, and Outlook setups.
Updating your Northwestern wireless connection
This is a two step process. You will need to delete your old wireless configuration and create a new one.
- Deleting your old wireless profile with your old NetID password
- Click Apple > System Preferences... > Network.
- Select Wi-Fi in the left-hand pane, then click Advanced....
- In the Wi-Fi tab, select Northwestern from the list of Preferred Networks, then click the minus sign (-).
- Click OK to close the Advanced Wi-Fi Preference pane.
- Click Apply.
- Creating a new wireless profile with your new NetID password
- Open Apple > System Preferences... > Network.
- Select Wi-Fi from the left pane. Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on. In the middle of the pane click Network Name, and from the drop-down menu select Northwestern.
- In the User Name and Password fields enter your NetID and NetID password, and check the Remember this network box.
- Your Mac will now try to connect to the wireless network. The Verify Certificate window may appear if this is the first time you are connecting to the Northwestern network. If this is the case, you must verify that the certificate is valid before you connect. Click Show Certificate to show the details of the certificate.
- If the Issued by field is InCommon Server CA, check the Always trust these certificates check box. Note: Certificate name may contain words such as "netauth1" or "netauth2".
- Click Continue.
- The Certificate Trust Settings window will appear. You will need to enter your Computer Username and Computer Password. Then select Update Settings.
- When you successfully connect, you will see your Wi-Fi status on the left pane as Connected with a green light, and the Status as Connected in the main window.
Updating your native VPN profile
- Click Apple > System Preferences > Network
- From the left hand pane click your VPN profile
- Click Authentication Settings
- Delete the contents of the Password field, enter your new NetID password, and click OK
- Click Apply
Updating Outlook 2016 for macOS
- Once you launch Outlook, go to Tools > Accounts...
- In the left pane, select your @northwestern.edu account.
- In the Password box enter your new NetID password and close the window. Outlook does not give you a verification message, but the password will be updated immediately.