Joining an Exchange distribution list using Outlook Web App (OWA)
A distribution group, also called a distribution list (DL), is a grouping of two or more contacts in Northwestern's Exchange address book that can be used as a mailing list for @northwestern.edu addresses. Most often you will be added to a DL by an owner of the list. However, sometimes you can join a DL manually.
If your account has been transitioned to Office 365, please see this article to manage groups using the AD Group Management tool.
- From the upper right hand corner click the Gear icon and select Options.
- From the left navigation menu click Groups to view the groups you belong to or own.
- From the list titled distribution groups I belong to, click the join icon (two people with plus sign) to display a list of available distribution lists.
- Search for the group you wish to join.
- Select the group you want and click the join icon again.
- Depending on whether you are eligible to join a group, you will either receive a confirmation notification or an error window alerting that you do not have the privileges to join the group.