Managing your Listserv password
Depending on which email address you used when subscribing to or requesting a listserv, there are two ways you can change your listserv password.
If you use your official Northwestern email address (the address listed in the Online Directory) to manage your lists, you can log in with your NetID password. If you use an alternate email address (including @u.northwestern.edu aliases), however, you will need to reset your password using the Listserv Web Interface.
- Visit the Listserv Web Interface at https://listserv.it.northwestern.edu
- Click Log In in the top right corner.
- Under the Email Address and Password boxes, click Reset your NU Listserv password.
- Enter your alternate email address in the Email Address box and enter your desired new password in both of the Password boxes.
- Click Register Password.
- Check your email address. You should receive an email from the LISTSERV system with a confirmation link that you will need to click to complete the password reset process. It may take a few minutes for the email to arrive.
Please note that passwords can only be changed for alternate email addresses. If you are using your official Northwestern email address to log in to the listserv, the password will always be your NetID password.
Also note that if you are subscribed to different listservs using multiple (non-Northwestern) email addresses, you may have a different password associated with each alternate email address.
For assistance with any listserv topic, select the green question mark icon next to the topic from within the Listserv Web Interface.