Temporarily stop receiving listserv emails while out of the office
If you are on vacation or otherwise out of the office, you may want to stop receiving listserv emails without having to unsubscribe from the listservs. You can temporarily change your subscriber settings before you leave, then change them back once you are back in the office.
Northwestern Listserv Web Interface
- Log in to the Northwestern Listserv Web Interface at https://listserv.it.northwestern.edu .
- On the top menu bar, click Subscriber's Corner.
- Choose the My Settings tab.
- Check the list checkboxes that you would like to prevent mail from.
- At the bottom, under the list of listservs, Mail Status dropdown box No Mail.
- Click Submit.
You will need to follow the same procedure to resume mail delivery when you return to office. Repeat the procedure above, setting the Mail Status
. You will resume receiving the listserv messages; you will also receive all listserv messages that were sent while you were set to No Mail
- Create a new plain-text message to email@example.com.
- Leave the subject line blank and remove any email signatures you may have.
- In the body of the message, type SET listname NOMAIL (where listname is the name of the listserv you'd like to put on hold).
To start getting mail from that listserv again, send another plain text message with the message SET listname MAIL