Managing the Owners, Editors, and Moderators of a listserv
Every listserv must have owners, and it's preferable that they have at least two. At least one owner must be a current member of the Northwestern community (faculty, staff, or student).
Listserv owners receive delivery error messages and other administrative email related to their listserv. However, you can add Quiet Owners to your list in addition to standard owners; these Quiet Owners won't receive delivery errors or other administrative email.
For moderated lists, you can also add and remove Editors and Moderators using these instructions.
- Log in to the Listserv Web Interface at http://listserv.it.northwestern.edu.
- Click List Management.
- From the dropdown menu, hover over List Configuration and click List Configuration Tasks.
- Under Select List, choose the list you want to manage.
- Select the Administrators tab
- Enter or remove email addresses in the Owner= (or Editor=, Moderator=, or other) field.
- Click Save.