Unsubscribing from a listserv
You can unsubscribe yourself from a listserv by logging into the Listserv Web Interface or by sending an email command.
- Listserv Web Interface
- Log in to the Listserv Web Interface at https://listserv.it.northwestern.edu.
- On the top menu, click Subscriber's Corner.
- Under My Lists, find the list you want to unsubscribe from and click Settings next to its name.
- Click Unsubscribe listname at the bottom.
- Email Commands
- Log in to the email account that you are subscribed to the listserv with.
- Compose a new plain-text email to email@example.com.
- Leave the subject line blank, remove any email signatures from the message body, and type UNSUBSCRIBE listname (where listname is the name of the listserv).
- Send the email.
If you are unable to unsubscribe, you can send an email to the listserv owner asking to be unsubscribed manually. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org - where listname is the name of the list you would like to unsubscribe from.
If you are unable to reach the owner of your listserv, or if you do not have access to the email account for which you would like to unsubscribe, send an email to email@example.com and provide the email address(es) you would like unsubscribed, and the list names you would like to be removed from.