Forwarding email from a departmental @northwestern.edu (Exchange) account to a group of email addresses using Outlook Web App (OWA)
You can forward emails from a departmental email account to multiple accounts by creating a contact group containing everyone who should receive the forwarded mail, and then creating an inbox rule forwarding all incoming mail to that group. If you use Outlook 2016 for macOS you need to use OWA to set up the forwarding rule because Outlook for macOS doesn't have this functionality.
Create a Contact Group
- Log in to Outlook Web App (OWA) at http://mail.northwestern.edu using the credentials of the departmental account.
- In the navigation bar at the top click People.
- In the top left corner click the plus-shaped New button.
- Select Create Group and enter a Group Name.
- In the Members Box, enter the name of an individual you wish to add to the group, then click Search Contacts and Directory.
- When the dropdown list of names from the Global Address List (GAL) appear, click on the person's name to add them.
- When you're done adding recipients, click Save. You can repeat the above steps at any time to add, delete, or modify group members.
Forward Messages to the Contact Group
- From the top right corner click the gear icon and select Options.
- In the left panel click organize email.
- Click the + icon. On the dropdown menu, select Create a new rule for arriving messages and enter a name for the new rule.
- In the When the message arrives and drop-down menu, select Apply to all messages.
- In the Do the following drop-down menu, select Redirect the message to.
- The Global Address List window will pop up. Select the contact group by clicking the + icon.
- Click OK at the top.
- Back in the New Inbox rule window, click Save.
All emails delivered to the departmental account will now forward to the members of the group that you created. To add, remove, or modify recipients of the emails forwarded from this account, simply add, remove, or modify the members of the contact group.