Setting up automated Out of Office replies on your @northwestern.edu (Microsoft 365) account using Outlook for Windows)
Out of Office replies are automated responses that you can set during any time range. If you do not set a time range, you will send an automated response to every email sent to your mailbox until you turn it off.
- In the upper-left click File; on the Account Information page, select Automatic Replies.
- Click the Send automatic replies radio button to activate automatic replies.
- Click Send replies only during this time range and enter a start and end date and time during which your automatic reply will be active.
- Under Inside My Organization, enter your out of office message. This message will be delivered only to other @northwestern.edu addresses.
- Under Outside My Organization click Auto-reply to people outside my organization to send an automatic reply to non @northwestern.edu addresses.
- Select My Contacts only to restrict your external (non-Northwestern) automatic reply to senders in your contact list; otherwise select Anyone outside my organization.