Setting up your @northwestern.edu (Exchange) account on Android
Because it is more compatible with Exchange environments than the native Mail app, the free Microsoft Outlook app is the preferred method for accessing your Northwestern email and calendar on your Android device.
Microsoft Outlook for Android
- From the Google Play Store, download Microsoft Outlook on your device. Do not use the OWA for Android app.
- After the app has installed, open it and select Get Started.
- Enter your @northwestern.edu email address, then select Continue.
- In the upper right corner, tap the ? icon.
- Choose Change Account Provider.
- Select Exchange.
- Under the next screen, at the bottom, select Show Advanced Settings.
- Enter the following information:
- Server: mail.northwestern.edu
- Domain\Username: ads\your NetID
- Password: your NetID password
- Description: Northwestern
- In the upper-right corner, tap the check mark.
- If prompted to Activate Device Administrator, select Activate. If you are not prompted to Activate Device Administrator, you will need to restart your phone after configuration before you will receive any emails.
- For Add Another Account select Maybe Later.