Setting up your @northwestern.edu (Exchange) account in Outlook 2016 for macOS
Note for members of the Feinberg School of Medicine: The F5 Big-IP Edge client must be installed on your computer and connected to the server before configuring your Northwestern email. See these Knowledge Base articles for instructions.
There are two email/calendaring systems at Northwestern. Faculty and staff use Exchange (@northwestern.edu), and students use Google/Gmail (@u.northwestern.edu). These instructions guide you through configuring your Exchange account in Outlook.
- If you are opening Outlook for the first time, click Add Account, then select Exchange. If you already have an account configured in Outlook, go to Outlook > Preferences > Accounts from the top menu bar, then click the + symbol in the bottom-left corner and select Exchange...
- Complete the following:
- As the E-mail address, enter your @northwestern.edu email address
- From the Method dropdown menu select User Name and Password
- As the User name, enter ads\your NetID
- As the Password, enter your NetID password
- Check the Configure automatically checkbox
- Enter an Account description: Northwestern (or whatever you'd like to call this account)
- Enter your Full Name: The name you would like to appear attached to your email in the From field on messages you send.
- Verify that the information in the other fields is correct, then click the red close button in the upper left.