Connecting to Northwestern Wireless on Android
You should be able to connect automatically to the Northwestern Wireless network with your NetID and NetID password through your wireless settings. If you were not prompted to connect, you can manually configure your connection. The specific steps you will need to follow will vary based on your phone's manufacturer; the instructions below may not match your phone exactly, but do include the information you will need to enter to connect to Northwestern Wireless.
- Go to your phone's Wi-Fi settings. Depending on your device, you may need to:
- Pull down the notification tray and long-press the Wi-Fi tile; or
- From your phone's menu, select Settings, then Wi-Fi (or Network and Internet and then Wi-Fi).
- Select the Northwestern network. Depending on your device, you may need to long-press on Northwestern and select Manage network settings to bring up the wireless network settings.
- If you are prompted for a credential storage password, enter your Android password (not your NetID password!). If you haven't set up this password already, you may need to do so at this point. Follow the onscreen prompts. If you are not prompted for this password, skip this step.
- Enter information in the following fields only, leaving all others blank or unchanged:
- EAP method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPV2
- Anonymous Identity: Leave this field blank
- Identity: your NetID
- Password: your NetID Password
- CA Certificate: Use system certificates
- Some version of Android will list (Unspecified)
- Andriod 7 (andhigher) devices may require an entry for Domain: northwestern.edu
- Select Connect.