Setting up your @u.northwestern.edu (or other Google G Suite) account in Apple Mail
Setting up an @u.northwestern.edu, @nlaw.northwestern.edu, @alum.northwestern.edu, or @fsm.northwestern.edu (Google GSuite) account in Apple Mail is a two part process.
Note: If you have enabled 2-Step Verification on your G Suite account, you cannot use your normal email account password in the instructions below. You will need to set up an app-specific password and use that as your password when setting up your account. First, enable IMAP settings on your G Suite account.
- Log in to your G Suite account.
- In the upper right corner click the Gear icon, then click Settings.
- Under the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab, select Enable IMAP.
- Select Mail > Add Account...
- Click the Google radio button and click Continue.
- Enter your full G Suite email address and click Next.
- Enter your account password and click Next.
- Choose which Google apps you want Apple Mail to use, and click Done.